Rules for Cheat
Cheat is a shedding card game, but players might be dishonest. The minimum player count is 2, but there must be at least 3 players to remove perfect information.
Each turn, the current player discards some cards and claims that they are cards of the same rank. Players win when they have discarded all of their cards.
Other players have a chance to call "cheat" and challenge the cards that were just played, causing the entire discard pile to go to a player as a penalty. If the move was honest (the cards match the claim), penalty cards go to the player who made the claim. Otherwise, penalty cards go to the dishonest player. The winner starts the first trick of the next round. To allow for a chance to call "cheat", the system will allow at least 5 seconds before the next move is finalized.
The cards ranks (4 each per deck) are in this order from lowest to highest:
Ace < 2 < 3 < 4 < 5 < 6 < 7 < 8 < 9 < 10 < Jack < Queen < King
Jokers (2/deck) are wildcards and may be used as any card.
Intermissions last up to 30 seconds, ending early if all players are ready.
Each turn lasts up to 20 seconds, with automatic skip/pass/random move (in that order). Unused turn time cannot be carried to future turns. There is only a turn timer, not a game timer.
Decks (default: 1, min: 1, max: 166,799,986,198,907)
Number of decks to use.
Count (off/on, default: all on)
How many cards may be played after the first turn? Any count may be played on the first turn.
If the current player has fewer cards than required, all of them may be played. If skipping or passing is not allowed, all of them must be played.
If all options are off, the count is always 1. If decreasing is the one and only option enabled, after playing a single card, the trick ends.
- same: same count as the previous move
- more: more cards than the previous move
- less: fewer cards than the previous (trick ends if single card is played)
- same: same rank as previous move
- up 1: previous plus one, when not wrapping
- up 1 wrap: previous plus one, when wrapping
- down 1: previous minus one, when not wrapping
- down 1 wrap
- up 2: previous plus two, when not wrapping
- up 2 wrap
- down 2
- down 2 wrap
- others: other ranks not covered above
- skip (default): play or skip your turn
- pass: play or pass; passing prevents playing until next trick
- forced: must play every turn
Trick Rank (off/on, default: first 5 on)
What card ranks may be played after the first turn? Any rank may be played on the first turn of a trick.
If no card claim is possible, the current player starts a new trick.